Every vehicle has specific maintenance needs. That’s why Honda has developed a unique maintenance program for each car they manufacture along with on-board technology that helps you keep track of your vehicles maintenance needs. Following Honda’s comprehensive maintenance schedule will help you make sure your Civic, Accord, Fit, Pilot, Oddysey or CR-V vehicle stays in optimal condition.
You have two ways to ensure that your vehicle will stay running most reliably in accordance with Honda’s official manufacturer guidelines.
1. HONDA MAINTENANCE MINDER SYSTEM
Maintenance Minder™ is an on-board technology that monitors a number of variables to determine the best time to bring your Honda in for a Genuine Honda Oil Change. When the remaining life of your car’s oil reaches 15%, a “service due soon” message will appear on your dashboard, accompanied by either a letter “A” or “B” to signify what type of additional service is required.
Depending on your vehicle’s odometer reading, additional service may be required signified by number accompanying the “service due soon” message. Here is an overview of what the different letters and numbers mean and what type of service is due.
DASHBOARD SERVICE NOTIFICATIONS
“Service Due Soon”
Engine oil life is at 15% and it’s time to bring your Honda in for regular scheduled maintenance.
Replace engine oil using only Honda Genuine 0W20 engine oil. If the message “Service” does not display after 12 months after being reset, change the engine oil every year.
- Replace engine oil and filter.
- Rotate tires, inspect for wear and adjust for pressure.
- Service front and rear brakes.
- Inspect parking brake adjustments.
- Inspect tie rod ends, steering gearbox and boots.
- Inspect suspension components.
- Inspect drive shaft boots.
- Inspect brake hoses and lines, including ABS/VSA
- Check all fluid levels, condition of fluids and check for leaks.
- Inspect exhaust system.
- Inspect fuel lines and connections.
Rotate tires, inspect for wear and adjust pressure.
- Replace air cleaner element. If you drive in dusty conditions, replace air cleaner element every 24,000Km.
- Replace dust and pollen filter. If you primarily drive in urban areas with high concentrations of soot in the air from industry and diesel powered vehicles replace dust and pollen filter every 24,000Km.
- Inspect drive belt.
Replace transmission fluid. Driving in mountainous terrain at lower speeds or regularly towing trailers will result in higher transmission temperatures and may require more frequent changing of transmission fluid than recommended by Maintenance Minder™. If you regularly drive in these conditions have the transmission fluid changed every 40,000Km.
- Replace spark plugs.
- Replace timing belt and inspect water pump. If you regularly drive in high temperature conditions (over 43C, 100F), or in very low temperature conditions (under -29C, -20F) replace the timing belt every 100,000Km.
- Inspect valve clearance.
Replace engine coolant.
SPECIFIC ADDITIONAL REQUIRED MAINTENANCE
- Every 3 Years – Replace brake fluid.
- Every 24,000 km – Replace air cleaner element if vehicle is regularly driven in dusty conditions, and replace dust and pollen filter if vehicle is regularly driven in urban areas with high concentrations of soot from industry and diesel powered vehicles.
- Every 100,000 km – Replace timing belt if vehicle is regularly driven in very low temperatures ( -29C, -20F) V6 vehicles only.
Keeping your Honda in great shape is easy with the Maintenance Minder™ and Honda’s extensive scheduled maintenance program.
2. HONDA CANADA RECOMMENDED MAINTENANCE
You can also follow Honda Canada’s recommended service schedule all the way up to 288,000 km, which we?ve attached below. Depending on your particular model, you will be due for regularly scheduled repairs every 6,000 or 8,000 kilometers, approximately every 6 months.
View Maintenance for 6000k
View Maintenance for 8000k
View Maintenance Schedules
View Maintenance Minder System
Book an Appointment
Honda Genuine Service
Why Service With Us?
Honda Service Quality
Honda Express Service
Vehicle Recall Information
Body Shop & Detailing
Oil Change Price Guarantee
Ask A Service Advisior