Have you recently traded in or purchased a new vehicle? During the winter tire season we get many questions with regards to “Will my set of xyz winter tires and rims fit onto the vehicle I am purchasing”. This is a great question to have as it will save you money if the set of winter tires and rims will fit properly on your recently purchased vehicle.
A few questions we need answers to verify whether they will fit are as follows:
- Do you know the size of the tires and rims (this will enable us to quickly check the new vehicle and it’s compatibility with the old set of winter tires and rims)?
- Do you know what the load index is (this is the load rating of the tires that is always listed as a number beside a letter on the side wall of the tires 96V, 103T etc.)?
- Did you purchase your set from us in the past (so we can check the history in our computer system to get this information quickly)?
- If you do not have access to your winter tires and rims we can dry fit them (this means we can check the fitment of the tires and rims once they are here physically with the vehicle to ensure safe fitment).
- If my past vehicle is not a Honda; can my old set of winter tires and rims be compatible (in some cases they can cross over to your current vehicle. If the rims will not fit the tires may or vice versa).
Though these are a few questions that may take some time to answer; these answers will better help us to confirm whether that winter set from your old vehicle will work on your current vehicle.