A dashboard camera is a very beneficial thing that any driver can put into their cars. They have come a long way in upgrades over the last few years, and they are definitely one of the most useful tools you will use on a day-to-day basis. You can find a variety of dash cams to meet your needs and price range at stores like Best Buy.
- They can help you prove you are not at fault. Accidents happen, and sometimes other people involved aren’t the easiest people to deal with. To minimize the amount of your frustration, you can use the footage on your dash cam to prove to your insurance company that you weren’t actually responsible. This can also help expedite the claim. You can also use the video evidence to help prove your innocence if you were stopped for a violation you didn’t commit.
- Your dash cam can be used to enhance your vacation experience. If you and your friends or family love going on long road trips, you can have your dash cam to record all the beautiful scenery you’re bound to come across, and relive some of your vacation memories. If you enjoy making home movies, its good to invest in a higher quality dashboard camera so that you have good footage to work from.
- It can help you become a better driver. If you’re curious to see how good of a driver you really are, you can review footage and determine where and when you are making mistakes. This can help protect you behind the wheel in the future, and even improve your insurance rates!
- If you have any concerns about your children’s driving, you can use the dash cam to monitor it. Some dash cams can be operated remotely so you can view footage from your own home. Not only will you be sure if your child is safe, you will be able to see how they are behaving with their friends in the car.
- The engine doesn’t always have to be running for the dash cam to work, therefore you can use it to monitor your parked car. If someone breaks into your car or hits it while you aren’t around, you’ll have footage at your disposal to potentially find the culprit.
- Some GPS’ on the market come with a built in dash cam – and they usually are really good quality for video. If you are in need of a new GPS, you can get a 2 in 1 and save some money!